Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Rental Redesign: TV Stand Before

Happy Memorial Day!  You better believe I have coupons in hand and am hitting up Joanns/Michaels/Hobby Lobby!  I'm also hoping for a little pool time, though I'm not sure the weather is going to cooperate.  I hope you've been enjoying your long weekend.  Adam and I went to see Iron Man 2 at the drive-ins on Saturday.  It was perfect because we didn't even need a sitter.  Rilo just slept the whole time!  We're planning on going to the drive-ins throughout the summer!

Even though I didn't really need a TV stand, I saw this on Craigslist for $25 and had to have it.  I think it will really tie the room together and make it feel complete.  I had been using the ugly end table that the company provided but this will fit in better with the room.  Plus, I think after we refinish it, we will be able to resell it for much more than $25.  

 Sorry about the poor iPhone photo.  I'll take a better "before" soon.

It's going to need a bit of work...It has some scratches on the top.  Normally, I would paint this a fun color but for resale purposes, I think I'll go more neutral and do a chocolate brown.  I'm even considering just staining it.  I want to line the backs of the 3 shelves with some paper.  Again, I'm thinking a bit more traditional than my normal style.   I like these specialty/wrapping papers.


 {image}



 {image}





 {image}



 {image}

I'm liking the brown and gold options...They would tie in the gold in some of the frames hanging above the couch.

I'm about $30 away from reaching my $200 budget.  I have all of my main pieces and most likely will  use the rest on accessories! It already feels homey...Adam and I are loving how much more comfortable we feel in the apartment!  (To read more about what I'm doing and why, click here)

1 comment:

Kimberley Murray said...

Bri, I can't see your images this week? What's up, do I need to do something different on my computer?

~~~Kim