Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From a Bed Sheet to a Dress

After a good couple of washings, I turned the Salvation Army bedsheet in to a cute little dress for Rilo Jane.  I don't think I'm quite done with it...I want to polish it up a little bit but I love it so far.  I used one of her other dresses for a sizing guide.  The bottom piece of the dress is from the elastic of the sheet.  I attached it by sewing onto the original seam of the elastic.

I really love the print.  It has dahlias which are my favorite!  I think there is enough material left for a shirt for me!


Melissa said...

I had a co worker many years ago who named her daughter Dahlia - I always love it.

myblackfriendsays said...

that is adorable! I love the print and the little detail on the front

the sleepy time gal said...

very inventive! the style is really creative.

Charlotte said...

oh so cute!