Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Downers Grove

Downers Grove is a cute little town right near the suburb we are living in.  It's the kind of town I want to end up in.  Quaint and charming...small and full of character...but still surrounded but lots of larger towns/cities.  I fell in love with the town while driving through it last week and asked Adam to walk around it with me on Mother's Day.

There are lots of old houses that have been very well-kept.  It also has newer houses that were built to look like older homes.  Take a look:




This house was for sale.  It was built in 1898 but had been updated recently with all new modern amenities.  It was huge!!


This was a lamp post in the front of someone's yard.

And then my battery died...So these next few are iPhone photos.



3 comments:

sheena said...

oh my goodness. this is like my dream town!

Charlotte said...

oh my. so cute! i love old houses. we live in a town that is pretty similar to this in some parts, cute old homes built at the turn of the century... our apartment is close to the historical neighborhoods and it is so fun to walk or bike around to ogle all the fun little details. you are right, this sort of place is just the kind of place to raise a family.

Rachel Moss said...

Those houses are beautiful. They remind me of the homes in my grandparents rural Illinois town.
I guess that kind of makes sense, though, seeing as how you are in IL.