Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thrifty

Rilo and I needed to get out of the house on Saturday, so I decided to stop by the thrift store.  I was really hoping to find some vintage clothing for Rilo.  I saw this beautiful vintage coat on Dear Baby and it pushed me to head out and see what I could find.



Isn't this the most perfect coat?  She got it for only $5 on eBay!

Unfortunately, there weren't a whole lot of vintage items at this store, but I was still able to find some great clothes in good condition.  I spent $27 and got: 2 dresses, 4 winter skirts and 3 belts for me and 1 pair of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, 2 dresses, 1 shirt and 2 hand knit sweaters for Rilo.  So in case you weren't counting, that's 19 items for $27!  Pretty awesome.  All of Rilo's items were from Gap, Gymboree, Old Navy or Target.



This particular thrift store also must have some sort of partnership with Target because they have a whole section full of Target items in all different sizes that have never been worn.  Tags and stickers were still on.  They have so many of each item, you feel like you're at Target (except for the dim lighting and weird smells).  So 3 of the shorts I picked up for Rilo were from this past season at Target and were only $2.  I got them in sizes for next summer!  They were my most expensive items!


And aren't these hand knit sweaters adorable?  I couldn't pass them up!


I need to remind myself to stop by more often!

9 comments:

Kristy Villa said...

Wow! I love getting great deals at thrift stores. I love all the shorts you got for Rilo. I actually picked up the rainbow pair for my daughter at Target for $1. And those sweaters? Adorable!

Bri {collected} said...

Haha, oh no! The thrift store ripped me off! At least I scored on some of the other clothes!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl -- you know me and how proud I am of you! Love love love the thrift stores!

Anonymous said...

Sorry - that was Me, Martha! ;o)

the sleepy time gal said...

i wish the local thrift store here were closer. pushing the babies around and having the older girls too close for comfort with all of the fragile things means i don't go often!

Kimberley Murray said...

I love Target clearance too. I always hit up their clearance rack when I'm there and get off season stuff for $4 or less!!

{Erica} said...

Total score! So where is this thrift store :)

modern myrtle home said...

My local Goodwill has the same Target thing going on. It's so great! My favorite find came last year when I found a pair of 7 for Mankind jeans (like new) and a fabulous $60 JCrew top with the tags still attached. It's also the best place for vintage dishes. I have a collection of milk glass, mostly thanks to the Goodwill. Great stuff! People who never set foot in thrift stores are seriously missing out.

Sarah Larsen said...

Such lovely finds! Where is this thrift store you talk about? ;)