Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Monday, September 20, 2010

In Loving Memory: John Robb Jr.

My Grandpa Robb moved to Pennsylvania in May to live with my family.  They were about 2 days away from finishing his apartment in the basement.  Yesterday, while getting ready to leave for my sister Tali's soccer game, we found my Grandpa upstairs.  He had passed away peacefully, doing one of his favorite things...napping.  It was shocking and so unexpected.  He was 70 years young and had just been working in the yard and eating the world's largest apple.











It is no coincidence that Rilo and I came here to Pennsylvania right now.  I tried to book my ticket to leave on Sunday, then Monday and finally settled on Tuesday because the rates were better.  I'm so grateful that I was here...that I could be here with my family...that Rilo and I were able to see him one last time.  While I am deeply saddened, I feel peace and comfort.  I'm thankful for the knowledge that families can be together forever, that this isn't the end.  I am thankful for the happy memories I have and will continue to hold onto.

Posting will be a bit light this week.

10 comments:

Chapman Family said...

What a blessing you could see him and share a few more moments together! You're family is in my prayers! Luv!

Jennifer said...

I am thinking about you and your family during this difficult time! I am so happy that you were able to see him one last time and that he went in peace!

Ashley Antkowiak said...

I'm so glad you were able to be there. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Rachel Mae said...

I'm so sorry--what a shock! Amazing that you were there. I'm thinking of you.

The Heriford's said...

I'm sorry Bri. You were in tune for sure. We are thinking of your fam. Hope to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. He was a nice man. xo Auntie Lea

{Erica} said...

I am sorry for your loss, but think it truly a blessing that you were able to be there.

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

I am so sorry for your loss Bri. At least Rilo got to meet her great grandpa. Darling pictures of the two of them!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Bri,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your mom e-mailed me today and told me; it was such a shock. I'm glad he went peacefully, and I'm very glad that you were all able to be together before he passed. I'll be thinking of you all.

Cristi