Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Merchandise Mart

For about a month,  I've been trying to get to downtown Chicago to the Merchandise Mart.  It's a huge building with tons of showrooms, chock full of design goodness.  Tiles, bathtubs, kitchens, and on and on.  A few of us packed up and headed downtown last Friday.  Unfortunately, we got stuck in some major traffic and the Merchandise Mart closed an hour earlier than we had thought.

All was not lost though...All of the showrooms have glass windows and doors so you can peer in and check things out.  We are still planning on going back some day soon so we can really get to look at all there is to see.

I think what I liked the most was seeing the many different tile options.  I have never seen so many unique and interesting tiles in my life.  Here are some of the pictures I was able to get:




Aren't all of these fantastic?  I had no idea there was such a selection of modern and interesting designs.  I guess I've only seen the typical styles.


LOVE the color of the vanity!





Can't wait to go back and really admire the awesome designs!

Today is the last day to vote for my nursery.  Click here to vote! Thanks!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have never seen such unique tile either!! From the first picture, I thought it was a scrapbook store! That store looks amazing!

the sleepy time gal said...

i LOVE the damask tiles!