Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Perfect Fall Dessert


{image via Rookie Cookie}

I saw a post over on Rookie Cookie, for Baked Apples with Granola Pecan Streusel. The picture looked so delicious, I made them tonight! And guess what? They were just as delicious as the picture looked. And easy too! The ingredients are pretty simple....most things you probably already have on hand. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I did have to look up what a pastry blender was though. It's this, in case you didn't know either.

{image via Crate & Barrel}
Don't worry...you probably got it as a wedding present, and if not, you can get one for like 2 dollars and then feel great because you now own/know/used a pastry blender! I followed the exact recipe, except I threw in chocolate chips because dessert is not dessert without chocolate for me! You can check out the recipe here. It's the perfect fall dessert. Next on the dessert list...whoopie pies! And yes, I'm being serious. Gotta love PA!

1 comment:

Melanie Burk said...

hmm that looks divine. I will have to try that one.. You are so amazing Bri- you are a domestic goddess. you cook well and sew amazingly!! I am so glad we are prego friends together.