Home | | Nursery | | House | | Rilo |

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Save the Bananas

This picture has nothing to do with this post, except that it's funny.

So I know Adam pretty well. I would say really well. But he has been hiding something from me until very recently...

While talking about the bananas we recently purchased from the store, he mentioned the big scare a few years back about bananas becoming extinct. See here for a refresher. Well, I don't know what I was doing during this time, but apparently I didn't hear about this so-called epidemic. Am I the only one? Does PA just not care about bananas? What was I doing during all of this?

Anyway, back to the story. So Adam tells me about being pretty passionate about making sure the bananas would still be around. AND THEN, he casually mentions that he won "Most Likely To Save the Bananas" for his school. Most Likely to Save the Bananas? I didn't really know what to say. I mostly just laughed for awhile.

But then I started thinking about it. I guess it's a pretty big deal. I mean, I bet he's probably the only person EVER to win Most Likely to Save the Bananas...




Which also reminds me...Anyone remember when Ian MacGregor spelled banana "b-a-n-n-a" in the middle school spelling bee? hahahaha
. Boy he never lived that one down.

3 comments:

{Morgan Burt} said...

Um, apparently Arizona didn't get the "breaking news urgent report" on this epidemic either.

And this is just hilarious--I would expect nothing less of Adam.

Er Bear said...

Are you sure Adam didn't make that story up? I feel like I would know and be terribly sad if my bananas were in jeopardy!! How great that you learned such an important fact about your hubby!! ha! The award doesn't surprise me one bit!!

sheena said...

thank you for outing yourself on my blog!! i love yours....and Jonathan Canlas shot your wedding...what!! lovely photos:)